- LWB Revitalization Projects
- Other Area Existing & Proposed Projects
- B-1 ARMSTRONG GALLERIA
- B-2 LINDEN SQUARE SENIOR CITIZEN FACILITY
- B-3 SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY (GHSU)
- B-4 UNITED HOUSE OF PRAYER HOUSING
- B-5 VISION VILLAGE, 30901 DC
- B-6 JUDGE JOHN H. RUFFIN JUDICIAL CENTER
- B-7 THE ENCLAVE, ANIC
- B-8 WALTON WAY TRIANGLE
- B-9 ST. BENEDICT BOARDING SCHOOL
- B-10 IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
Turning around 40 years of neglect and disinvestment takes time. Before on the ground development could begin, the City took important steps to set the revitalization in motion:
- Ongoing community meetings to facilitate public dialogue
- GIS mapping to examine existing conditions and highlight opportunities
- A master plan and design guidelines to complement the community’s architectural heritage
- Development plans for six initial priority areas
- An open, transparent land acquisition process
- A sustainability program targeting energy-efficient homes and low-impact development strategies
- Financial incentives to mitigate risk for developers and attract home buyers
- Selection of private development partners, including architects, engineers, and builders
PROJECT DOCUMENTS The first three years of the Laney Walker/Bethlehem revitalization effort (2008 – 2010) were largely devoted to planning, design guidelines and market analyses. For those with time for research into how to regenerate a city, these documents make for valuable reading. Some documents are large and may take a moment to download. A summary of key documents is available for those more pressed for time.
Summary of Key Docs / Laney Walker Neighborhood Plan / LW/B Blight Findings Report / Pattern Book / LWB Green Strategy Residential and Retail Market Analysis / RKG Retail Market Analysis / AIA Sustainable Design Assessment Team Report
PROJECT TEAM In its unique role as master developer, the Augusta Housing and Community Development Department oversees all aspects of the redevelopment. The Housing Department works closely with a core team assembled to assist with public outreach, planning, land acquisition, construction management, marketing, real estate sales and various other aspects of the revitalization effort.
Team members include:
Master Developer / Augusta Housing and Community Development Department
Project Manager / APD Urban Planning & Management
Marketing and Communications / Melaver McIntosh
Realtor Services / Meybohm Realtors
PARTICIPATING PRE-QUALIFIED DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS The Housing Department has also cultivated a team of developers, architects, engineers and contractors to work together to make the redevelopment happen. Some specialize in home design and construction, others in historic rehabilitation, still others in multifamily housing and mixed-use development. They are united by a passion to create a sustainable work-live-play environment for Augusta’s urban core.
Active development partners include:
Alan Venable Architect / Cooper Carry / Cranston Engineering Group / J & B Construction Services / Jennifer Langford / Laney Walker Development Corporation / Studio 3 Design Group / McMillan Pazdan Smith / ZEL Engineers, Inc.